Click here for admission.
Application period is from 2 Jan 2020 to 15 Mar 2020.
Click here for programme sheet.
For enquiries, please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the steps in the Admissions Exercise Module to complete your application. This will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes to complete and we recommend having the following information ready to facilitate your application:
- Your Statement of Objectives (1,000 words)
- Original Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree transcript and certificate
Please provide your latest official transcripts and official letter of certification from your institution stating the expected date of graduation or award of degree if you have not graduated from your degree programme. For non-English documents, an official English translation must be provided.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report
If the medium of instruction during your last degree was not in English, please submit your IELTS or TOEFL scores no later than 2 weeks after the application deadline.
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) score report
Not required, but GRE scores will be considered if they are included in the application.
- Names, titles & e-mail addresses of your 2 recommenders/referees
Optional. Do notify your recommenders beforehand as they must submit their respective online recommendations within 1 week after you submit your application.
- Relevant supporting documents
Academic and/or industry portfolio, awards, publications, etc.
- Identity Card or Passport
Please submit your online application early to facilitate processing. Short-listed applicants may be interviewed face-to-face, via Skype or over the telephone.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can non-SUTD graduates apply for the Master of Architecture programme?
Yes, we welcome applications from the public.
- When can students apply for Leave of Absence (LOA) upon admission into the programme?
Students enrolled into the programme may apply for LOA after completing their Structured Internship at the end of April. The maximum LOA period is one year, and students must return to complete the course requirements in Term 9 and 10 in the third year, failing which, their candidacy will be terminated.
- Can students opt for coursework instead of Thesis?
No, as part of the graduation requirements, all students enrolled into the programme have to pass Thesis.
- How do students get a mentor for Thesis?
While the process will be facilitated by the pillar, students are highly encouraged to approach early faculty whose research interests match theirs. Faculty research interests may be found at their faculty profile pages on the ASD website. Details on the selection process will be shared when programme commences.
- Will Structure Internship be facilitated by the University?
Yes, our Career Development Centre team oversees the Structured Internship for the Master of Architecture programme. Upon successful admissions, students will be required to attend a briefing on Structured Internship. More details will be shared during the session.
- Can students pay their fees using CPF?
No, the University does not have provisions for postgraduate students to pay their fees using their own CPF/their parents’ CPF.
- Can I know why my application is rejected?
We regret to inform applicants that the University does not provide specific reasons for unsuccessful applications, except that selection is based on a competitive basis for limited places for the programmes.
- When can I know the outcome of my application?
Applicants will be notified via email sometime in April/ early May.
- What is the application process like?
After the closing date, all applications will be passed to the Admission Panel for consideration. Some applicants may be required to attend an interview.
Upon receiving the Admission Panel’s recommendations, ASD pillar will put up the list for approval before informing applicants of the outcome via email.
- How can I find out more about the Structured Internship?
Successful applicants will have to attend a briefing on the Structured Internship sometime in May. More details including application and requirements will be given during the session. Alternatively, you may wish to write in to email@example.com
- How can I find out more about the curriculum?
Successful applicants will have to attend a briefing on the curriculum sometime in May. More details on the curriculum including thesis preparation will be shared during the session. Alternatively, you may wish to write in to firstname.lastname@example.org