Pillar / Cluster: Architecture and Sustainable Design
Jason is an Adjunct Assistant Professor at SUTD and director of TakahashiLim A + D, a design consultancy based in Singapore.
Jason received a doctorate from ETH Zurich, completing his dissertation under the supervision of Professors Matthias Kohler and Fabio Gramazio, and Dr Robert Aish. He also holds a Master of Engineering degree from the Stevens Institute of Technology, as well as a Bachelor of Architecture degree from Cornell University.
Jason worked previously as a PhD researcher at the Future Cities Lab in the Singapore-ETH centre, and as an architectural designer at BriggsKnowles Architecture + Design in New York City. In addition, Jason has taught at Parsons the New School for Design, Stevens Institute of Technology, and the National University of Singapore.
- 2016 – Doctor of Sciences, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- 2010 – Master of Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology, U.S.A.
- 2007 – Bachelor of Architecture, Cornell University, U.S.A.
- 2007 – American Institute of Architects Henry Adams Certificate of Merit
- 2003 – Worldstudio Foundation scholarship
- 2003 – Edward Palmer York Memorial Prize
- Lim, Jason and Jeffrey Huang. “Upcycling Offcuts: Assembling Furniture out of High-grade Timber Waste.” In Protocols, Flows and Glitches—Short papers, Posters and Workshops: Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference of the Association for Computer-Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia CAADRIA 2017, edited by Patrick Janssen, Paul Loh, Aleksandra Raonic and Marc Schnabel, 7-12. Suzhou: Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, 2017.
- Lim, Jason. “YOUR: Robot Programming Tools for Architectural Education.” PhD dissertation, ETH Zürich, 2016.
- Lim, Jason, Ammar Mirjan, Fabio Gramazio and Matthias Kohler. “Robotic Metal Aggregations: An Integral Approach to Designing Robotic Fabricated Lightweight Metal Structures.” In Rethinking Comprehensive Design: Speculative Counterculture, Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Computer- Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia CAADRIA 2014, edited by Ning Gu, Shun Watanabe, Halil Erhan, Matthias Hank Haeusler, Weixin Huang and Ricardo Sosa, 159-168. Kyoto: Kyoto Institute of Technology, 2014.
- Lim, Jason. “Let’s Work Together: A Stigmergic Approach to Acoustics Design”. In Integration through Computation: Proceedings of the 31st Annual Conference of the Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture (ACADIA), edited by Joshua Taron, Vera Parlac, Branko Kolarevic and Jason Johnson. 396-403. Calgary/Banff: The University of Calgary, 2011.