Telephone: +65 6876 4274
Pillar / Cluster: Architecture and Sustainable Design
Research Areas: Computation, Sustainable Design Science, Architectural Information Management
Trevor Patt is an Assistant Professor in Architecture and Sustainable Design at the Singapore University of Technology and Design. He holds a Ph.D. from the École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne and a M.Arch. from the Harvard Graduate School of Design. His dissertation, Assemblage Form: An ontology of the urban generic with regard to architecture, computation, and design, argues for a reevaluation of urban design and masterplanning that addresses the responsiveness, procedurality, and openness of the city. His current research continues this line of investigation, focusing on the modes of engagement between architecture and urbanism through diverse means including urban analysis and digital fabrication.
- Doctor ès Sciences (Ph.D.), École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne
- M.Arch., Harvard Graduate School of Design
- B.S.-Architectural Studies, University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee
- Urban network analysis
- Dynamic and responsive masterplanning
- Architectural effects in the urban realm
- Composite techniques in digital fabrication
- Patt, T. “Performance Review: In Praise of the Possibility of Architecture.” in Architecture is All Over. Esther Choi and Marrikka Trotter, eds. Work Books, Actar. 2017.
- Patt, T. “Generative Masterplanning Inspired by Cellular Automata with Context-specific Tessellations.” in Real Time: Extending the Reach of Computation. Bob Martens, Gabriel Wurzer, Thoms Grasl, Wolfgang E. Lorenz, Richard Shaffranek, eds. 2015.
- Patt, T. “The Surface of Borromini.” in Clog: Unpublished. Kyle May, Julia van den Hout, Jacob Reidel, Archie Lee Coates IV, and Jeff Franklin, eds. 2013.
- Zuelzke, N., Patt, T., Huang, J. “Computation as an Ideological Practice.” in Digital Aptitudes + Other Openings. Marc Goulthorpe and Amy Murphy, eds. ACSA, 2012.
- Patt, T. “Taipei 2.0.2: Computation and the Urban Generic.” in Highrise Shuffle: 4th International Alvar Aalto Meeting on Modern Architecture. Antti Ahlava and Esa Laaksonen, eds. Alvar Aalto Academy, 2011.
- Patt, T. “The Collective Image: Form, Figure, and the Future.” in Architecture at the Edge of Everything Else. Esther Choi and Marrikka Trotter, eds. Work Books, MIT Press. 2010.
- Harvard Graduate School of Design, Digital Design Prize 2009