Telephone: +65 6499 4610
Pillar / Cluster: Architecture and Sustainable Design
Research Areas: Architectural Conservation, Sustainable Design Science, Architectural Design, Digital Fabrication, Architectural Information Management
Stylianos Dritsas is an Assistant Professor in Architecture and Sustainable Design at the Singapore University of Technology and Design. Prior to that he was an Associate Principal at Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates in London. He taught at the Architectural Association in London, UK and Ecole Polytechnique Federale in Lausanne, Switzerland. He is a registered Architect, ARB/UK and Architect/Engineer, TEE/Greece.
- 2004 SMArchS, Design & Computation, MIT
- 2002 Diploma, Architecture & Engineering, NTUA
- 2005 – 2010 Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates, London, UK
- 2003 – 2005 dECOi Architects, Boston, USA
- Design Computation
- Building Envelopes
- Digital Fabrication
- Construction Automation
- Design Optimization
- 2011-2012 Heritage Building & Digital Tectonic
- 2011-2012 Thermoplastic Housing Building Technology
- Dritsas. S. and Goulthorpe, M. (2013) An Automated Robotic Manufacturing Process for the Thermoplastic Panel Building Technology, Proceedings of the Computer Aided Architectural Design Futures, CAAD Futures, Global Design and Local Materialization, Shanghai, China
- Dritsas, S. and Yeo, KS. (2013) Undrawable Architecture: Digital Workflows for the Conservation of Heritage Buildings and the Discovery of Digital Tectonic, Proceedings of the Association for Computer-Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia, CAADRIA, Open Systems, Singapore.
- Dritsas, S., Kalvo, R. and Sevtsuk, A. (2013) Packing Optimization for Digital Fabrication, Proceedings of the Education and Research in Computer Aided Architectural Design in Europe, eCAADe, Computation and Performance, Delft, Netherlands.
- Dritsas, S. and Yeo, KS. (2013) Heritage Buildings and Digital Tectonic, Architecture Design (AD) Magazine, (Eds.) Xavier De Kestelier, Brady Peters, Issue: March 2013, Wiley & Sons Publishing, London, UK.
- Yeo, KS., Dritsas, S. and Wee, ST. (2012) Ideals versus Reality: A Fine Balancing Act in the Decision Making Process of Architectural Conservation, Proceedings of the International Conference on East Asian Architectural Culture, EAAC, Convergence and Divergence: Contemporary Challenges in East Asian Architectural Studies, Hong Kong, China.
- Dritsas. S. (2012) Design-Built Rationalization Strategies and Applications, International Journal of Architectural Computing, Volume 10, Issue 04, Multi-Science/Doppler Press, Essex, UK.
- Wood, K. L., Mohan, R. E., Kaijima, S., Dritsas, S., Frey, D. D., Kay White, C., Jensen, D. D, Crawford, R. H., Moreno, D. and Pey, KL. (2012) A Symphony of Designiettes – Exploring the Boundaries of Design Thinking in Engineering Education, Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education, ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, San Antonio, Texas.
- Dritsas, S. (2012) The Rationalization of Complex Building Envelopes, Proceedings of the Association for Computer-Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia, CAADRIA, Beyond Codes and Pixels, Chennai, India.
- Dritsas, S. (2009) Performance-Driven Architectural Design, Computational Constructs: Architectural Design, Logic And Theory, (Ed.) Shouheng Chen, China Architecture & Building Press, Beijing, China.
- Hesselgren, L. and Dritsas, S. (2008) Architectural Structure, Computational Strategies, Space Craft: Developments in Architectural Computing, (Ed.) David Littlefield. RIBA Publishing, London, England.
- Dritsas, S. and Becker, M. (2007) Research & Design in Shifting from Analog to Digital, Proceedings of the Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture, ACADIA, Expanding Bodies: Art-Cities-Environment Conference. Halifax, Canada.
- Hesselgren, L. and Dritsas, S. (2007) The Bishopsgate Tower Case Study, International Journal of Architectural Computing, Volume 05, Issue 01, Multi-Science/Doppler Press, Essex, UK.
- Dritsas, S., Charitou, R. and Hesselgren, L. (2006) Computational Methods on Tall Buildings, Proceedings of the Education and Research in Computer Aided Architectural Design in Europe, eCAADe, Communication Space(s) Conference. Volos, Greece.