Adjunct Assistant Professor
Pillar / Cluster: Architecture and Sustainable Design
As a licensed architect in both Singapore and New York, Pauline Ang has worked on projects of varying scales and building typologies, from high-rise commercial developments in the United States, the Middle East and Asia, to a broad range of public sector projects in Singapore.
Her primary interest lies in bridging the chasm between theory and practice through a combination of writing, teaching and practice.
- MSc Construction Law & Arbitration, King’s College London-National University of Singapore, London/Singapore
- MArch, Columbia University, New York, USA
- B. Planning & Design (Arch), Melbourne University, Australia
Professional Associations & Affiliations
- Vice-President (Architecture), CPG Consultants, Singapore.
- Registered Architect, Singapore.
- Registered Architect, New York State, USA.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Accredited Professional, USA.
- Architectural Design Methodologies
Awards & Achievements
1100 Architects, New York:
- Preservation Foundation of Palm Beach’s Elizabeth L. and John H. Schuler Award, 2013 – Ibis Isle House, Palm Beach, Florida, USA.
- AIA NY Chapter Design Awards, Unbuilt Work Merit Award, 2012 – Brooklyn Detention Centre, New York, USA.
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, New York:
- Engineering News-Record Global Best Projects, Best Project Award, Green Category, 2013 –Zuellig Building, Makati City, Philippines
- Leadership for Energy and Environmental Design (Core and Shell) (LEED-CS) Platinum Award 2013 – the first recipient of the Platinum Award in the Philippines – Zuellig Building, Makati City, Philippines
- MIPIM Asia Award 2012 (Best Office and Business Development category) – Zuellig Building, Makati City, Philippines
- “People’s Choice” Award, MIPIM Asia Awards 2012 – Zuellig Building, Makati City, Philippines
- Father Neri Satur Award for Environmental Heroism 2012 – Zuellig Building, Makati City, Philippines
- Recipient, Ed Harris Prize for best performance in the MSc Construction Law & Arbitration course, King’s College London-National University of Singapore
- Recipient, Honour award for Excellence in Design, Graduate School of Architecture Planning & Preservation, Columbia University, New York, USA
- Recipient, Dean’s Honours, Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning, Melbourne University, Australia
- Recipient, Defence Technology Training Scholarship (Architecture), for undergraduate and graduate studies in Architecture, Ministry of Defence, Singapore
- National Gallery Singapore: Art Spaces, Scala Art Publishers, 2016.
- The Making of National Gallery Singapore, National Gallery Singapore, 2015.
- “Condo Mania: What has design got to do with it?”, Singapore Architect, Issue 268, May 2012.
- Future Memory: Of Demolished Architecture & Forgotten Memories – “In Memory of Places Meant to Be Forgotten: A Case of Recurring Amnesia”, Future Memory, December 2011.
- “Dreaming in Green: Reimagining Abandoned Railways”, Singapore Architect, Issue 265, November 2011.
- “The Disappearing Void: Reflections on the Common HDB Void Deck”, Singapore Architect, Issue 265, November 2011.
- “The God of Small Images”, Book Review: Junya Ishigami: small images, Singapore Architect, Issue 254, December 2009.
- “Comparative Study of the Price-Quality Method in Singapore, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom and New Zealand”, with co-authors Professor John Barber (KCL) and Professor Low Sui Pheng (NUS), International Construction Law Review, July 2007.
- “The Price-Quality Method: Legal Implications of the Evaluation Process”, International Construction Law Review, April 2007.