Adjunct Assistant Professor
Pillar / Cluster: Architecture and Sustainable Design
Pauline Ang is a practising architect who has worked on a broad range of projects in Singapore, the United States, and other parts of the world. She is the Director of the Design and Research Office at CPG Corporation, which aims to develop impactful design strategies and solutions for the built environment through practice-based research and built work.
- MSc Construction Law & Arbitration, King’s College London-National University of Singapore, London/Singapore
- MArch, Columbia University, New York, USA
- B. Planning & Design (Arch), Melbourne University, Australia
Professional Associations & Affiliations
- Vice-President (Architecture), CPG Consultants, Singapore.
- Registered Architect, Singapore.
- Registered Architect, New York State, USA.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Accredited Professional, USA.
- Architectural Design Methodologies
Awards & Achievements
1100 Architects, New York:
- Preservation Foundation of Palm Beach’s Elizabeth L. and John H. Schuler Award, 2013 – Ibis Isle House, Palm Beach, Florida, USA.
- AIA NY Chapter Design Awards, Unbuilt Work Merit Award, 2012 – Brooklyn Detention Centre, New York, USA.
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, New York:
- Engineering News-Record Global Best Projects, Best Project Award, Green Category, 2013 –Zuellig Building, Makati City, Philippines
- Leadership for Energy and Environmental Design (Core and Shell) (LEED-CS) Platinum Award 2013 – the first recipient of the Platinum Award in the Philippines – Zuellig Building, Makati City, Philippines
- MIPIM Asia Award 2012 (Best Office and Business Development category) – Zuellig Building, Makati City, Philippines
- “People’s Choice” Award, MIPIM Asia Awards 2012 – Zuellig Building, Makati City, Philippines
- Father Neri Satur Award for Environmental Heroism 2012 – Zuellig Building, Makati City, Philippines
- Recipient, Ed Harris Prize for best performance in the MSc Construction Law & Arbitration course, King’s College London-National University of Singapore
- Recipient, Honour award for Excellence in Design, Graduate School of Architecture Planning & Preservation, Columbia University, New York, USA
- Recipient, Dean’s Honours, Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning, Melbourne University, Australia
- Recipient, Defence Technology Training Scholarship (Architecture), for undergraduate and graduate studies in Architecture, Ministry of Defence, Singapore
- National Gallery Singapore: Art Spaces, Scala Art Publishers, 2016.
- The Making of National Gallery Singapore, National Gallery Singapore, 2015.
- “Condo Mania: What has design got to do with it?”, Singapore Architect, Issue 268, May 2012.
- Future Memory: Of Demolished Architecture & Forgotten Memories – “In Memory of Places Meant to Be Forgotten: A Case of Recurring Amnesia”, Future Memory, December 2011.
- “Dreaming in Green: Reimagining Abandoned Railways”, Singapore Architect, Issue 265, November 2011.
- “The Disappearing Void: Reflections on the Common HDB Void Deck”, Singapore Architect, Issue 265, November 2011.
- “The God of Small Images”, Book Review: Junya Ishigami: small images, Singapore Architect, Issue 254, December 2009.
- “Comparative Study of the Price-Quality Method in Singapore, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom and New Zealand”, with co-authors Professor John Barber (KCL) and Professor Low Sui Pheng (NUS), International Construction Law Review, July 2007.
- “The Price-Quality Method: Legal Implications of the Evaluation Process”, International Construction Law Review, April 2007.