Two ASD students participated in the Live Design Discourse by Singapore Institute of Architects in collaboration with other regional architectural institutes. The essential purpose for the design discourse is to put into place an opportunity to collaborate and foster better relationship with neighboring institutes of architecture. It is an attempt to forge our way forward with a manageable program for design ideas to be shared amongst friendly participants as a way of promoting a closer networking and architectural education.
Timeline and Structure
30th April – 5th May 2018
MONDAY 30TH APRIL 2018
Arrival and Welcome dinner hosted by ASA
TUESDAY 1ST MAY 2018
- Site survey at Bangkok Dock Presentation on Bangkok Dock and Walkabout Photography and general assessment of existing structures on site and within the vicinity.
- Field trip to TCDC, Lhong 1919, Asiatique
WEDNESDAY 2ND MAY 2018
- Address by Convener for Live Design Discourse
- Outline of the program and framework Introduction of the participating teams and its members.
- Lecture on “Approaches to Co-Create and Regenerate Urbanscape” by Yossapon Boonsom, Co-Founder and Director of Shma Company Limited
- STUDIO SESSION 1-3 Conducted by architectural practitioner and team leader
- Live Design Discourse 5
THURSDAY 3RD MAY 2018
- STUDIO SESSION 3-6 Conducted by architectural practitioner and team leader
- Preparations for presentation to general public.
FRIDAY 4TH MAY 2018 PRESENTATION
- Presentation of Designs by the respective teams.
- Official address and summary by Convenor. Presentation of participate certification. Photography session.
- Live Design Discourse 6
- ASA Expo visit
SATURDAY 5TH MAY 2018
- Free and Easy
- Departure of participants